Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Turkey Paninis: Three Ways

A few months ago I discovered that you can kind of use a George Foreman grill as a sandwich press, and so we have been eating a lot of paninis.  I always use the individual-sandwich-size ciabatta rolls from Walmart--not the healthiest, but they taste so good in these sandwiches.  These aren't really recipes, just a list of ingredients (because who measures stuff for a sandwich?), but you get the idea.

Apple Gruyère

turkey deli meat

thinly sliced apples
sliced Gruyère cheese (If you don't have Gruyère, I would probably use Moriah's variation which includes cranberry cream cheese instead.  The Gruyère gives it a lot of flavor. )
mayo
ciabatta rolls


Sun-Dried Tomayo Cheddar
sun-dried tomatoes, drained
mayo
turkey deli meat
cheddar cheese
spinach

Pulse like a 1/4 of a cup of sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor.  Mix with mayo and use as a spread. (This is based on a sandwich I had at the cafe at Ellis Island--one of the best sandwiches of my life.)


Cuban--kind of 
turkey deli meat
ham (or turkey ham, I use thicker slices)
sliced pickles
swiss cheese
mayo

After typing these, I feel like they may be kind of obvious, but they taste good :)  Let me know if you have any whole wheat ciabatta alternatives. 











2 comments:

  1. I forgot you're supposed to put mustard on the Cuban one. If you like mustard, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like these kinds:
    roast beef + grilled peppers & onions + cheddar
    turkey + cream cheese + pepper jelly
    turkey + cream cheese + cranberry sauce + apples

    ReplyDelete