Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ginger Molasses Muffins

These muffins go well with the pumpkin soup.

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup molasses (I actually ran out of molasses so used half honey)
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon fresh ginger (I keep fresh ginger root in the freezer and when I need fresh ginger, I take it out and use the zesting plane.)



  • Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside. (I used muffin cups.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and set aside.
  • Beat eggs, oil, molasses and milk in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer on slow speed. (I just mixed by hand.)
  • Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and combine well until glossy and smooth. It will be pretty runny.
  • Add the ginger and just stir until incorporated into the batter.
  • Pour batter evenly into greased muffin cups and fill 2/3 full. (I had to fill mine almost to the top because there was so much batter. You could probably make 14 muffins but I squeezed mine all into 12 tins and then they spilled over the edges some.)
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment